How do I join a discussion? +
You can join any upcoming or trending discussions from your feed by clicking on the “Reserve a seat” button. You can also “Reserve a seat” by going to the particular discussion page. (You will find the button at the bottom of your screen)
How do I unreserve a seat from a discussion? +
Simply, click the “Reserved seat” button and you will be removed from that discussion.
Do I get any certificate for attending LIVE discussions? +
Yes. The certificate of attendance is emailed to all attendees at the end of the discussion.
What if I am not able to attend the event after registering? Where can I find recorded sessions? +
Don’t worry! Most of the Medflix discussions are recorded (with the permission of the host/speaker) and shared with all the members, who had reserved the seat, over email within 24 hours post the live discussion.
Can I suggest a discussion topic? +
Yes. If you have a topic in mind and want the creator to schedule a discussion on the same, you can send out an email to us at email@example.com
Or you can go to the particular group and click on “Request discussion”.
Where can I view the schedule for upcoming discussions? +
You can view the schedule of your upcoming discussion on the top section of your home page.
Will l get a reminder before the start of any Live discussion? +
Yes, we will share a reminder email with you before one day of discussion. Also, keep an eye on the notification bar of your mobile.
Any Instructions before joining a discussion? +
- Prerequisites: You must have the Medflix app installed on your mobile device to attend a session.
- Joining a session: You may join the discussion either from the discussion page or through the invitation link shared by your friends.
- We would advise you to join the session at least 5 minutes before the discussion starts.
- Live session controls: Use these icons to manage your participation.
- View Attendees: You can view the list of attendees in that discussion by clicking on the 'eye icon'. You can also follow the members from that list to build a connection with people of similar interests.
- Raise your hand: Want to speak? Press the hand icon in the lower-left to be added to a speaker request list. The moderator will be notified of your request to speak and can either bring you to the stage or ignore you. If you’re ignored, don't be offended as a moderator can only allow so many people to the stage before losing control of the conversation.
- Mute/unmute your microphone: You will have access to this feature only when the host brings you to the stage (by accepting your ‘Raise a hand’ request or randomly). To mute your microphone, click or tap on the “Mic” icon (on the bottom beside your video). The color of the strikethrough microphone icon will change to red. To unmute your microphone, click the same icon.
- React with emojis: You have a range of emojis to react with during the session to make the discussion more interactive.
- Give Comments/Ask a question: You can share your views or ask a question by typing in the comment section (on the bottom right of the screen).
- Leave a discussion: To leave a discussion, all you have to do is tap the 'Leave' button at the top of the screen.
- Zoom In/ Zoom Out: You can zoom in and zoom out the screen during the live session by pinching in or pinching out the screen.
- View Speakers: You can view the speakers on the top horizontal panel by swiping the left. You also have the option to click on a particular speaker to view him/her on the main screen.
Can I ask or say something during the discussion? (s) +
You can share your comments or ask a question by typing in the comment section (on the bottom right of the screen).
You may also press the hand icon in the lower-left to be added to a speaker request list. The moderator will be notified of your request to speak and can either bring you to the stage or ignore you. If you’re ignored, don't be offended as a moderator can only allow so many people to the stage before losing control of the conversation.
When I join a live session, is my audio/video by default ON? +
No. Listener’s or attendee’s audio/video is by default OFF. However, you can always use the “Raise hand” feature if you have something to share or a question to ask.
Can I zoom in or zoom out the presentation? +
Yes. You can zoom in and zoom out during the live session by pinching in or pinching out the screen.
Can I record the discussion? +
No. You cannot record the session without the host’s permission.
Do not worry, we got you covered as most of the Medflix discussions are recorded (with the permission of the host/speaker) and shared with the attendees of that discussion over email.