00 : 00 / 05: 00 (Preview)

This discussion has ended. Watch the recording on Medflix app,

Art of Medical Consultation: The Keystone of Clinical Practice

Oct 19 | 3:30 PM

Becoming a doctor is not what it once was. In this new global context of clinical practice doctors are expected to function effectively in various roles- Clinician, Leader, Team member, Scientist, Manager etc. However, we still dont get required training to ace those skills. We at Medflix, wish to take that holistic approach to help doctors so here we are with an interesting session with the founders of Glocal Academy.

[Music] so a very good evening uh to all our audience who is joined at this later uh welcome i'm dr naveeda from team netflix and on behalf of team netflix i welcome you all to today's session which is on art of medical consultation the keystone of clinical practice so this we have with us dr krishna he is the director and co-founder of local academy and unfortunately dr srikan couldn't be with us tonight but he will be with us for our future sessions um dr krishna is a general practitioner with a busy practice in the southeast region of england he has also been the member of royal college of general practitioners since 2011 and is also the training faculty at the brighton and sussex medical school he is very passionate about teaching clinical communication and consultation skills using a very innovative teaching techniques which i'm sure you all will see in the coming up session also raise your hands because we have an interactive session there's a game in between which you would really like if all of you all participate so when announced please raise your hands and come on stage and use a lot of emojis to express your opinion i'm sure y'all are going to have a fun time in today's session and over to you dr krishna thank you thank you for the lovely introduction good evening everyone welcome and thank you for joining us we are grateful for your time and commitment we at global academy would like to take this opportunity to thank team netflix for their invitation to share the space on this amazing innovative and inspirational platform thank you dr rohan desai for starting up such a wonderful initiative thank you dr rucha dr nivedita wonderful teamwork let's hope this is the beginning of a new exciting journey we would like to do more sessions on this platform and reach out to wider audience and raise awareness about importance of clinical communication skills the intention of this session is twofold one to have a dialogue with you i repeat to have a dialogue with you on medical consultation number two to help you understand the educational which are mainly clinical communication focused programs that we offer so that we know what we are about and what we teach and what we focus on so that you can keep joining these sessions and enhance your clinical competence so that's the intention of this session twofold this is me in addition to what dr nivetita has said i'm a listening intelligence practitioner and i'm a chair of international listening association healthcare team that's me uh and this is dr srikant he's a practicing endocrinologist and a passionate medical educator he sends his apologies couple of lines about global academy dr srikant and i have started academy in 2015 with an aim to enhance health care communication our mission is to empower you in becoming effective communicator we offer various structured interactive i might add fun educational programs our vision is to make you globally competent and locally responsive globally competent and locally responsive clinicians against that background let's take a dive into the the topic medical consultation as the title says medical the art of medical consultation this is keystone of clinical practice why keystone because whatever may be the specialty we conduct several medical consultations every day it is estimated that every clinician at least conducts two lack medical consultations in their professional practice in their professional career that number not surprisingly is expected to be very high if you're working in a busy health care setting like india so you may be performing more than two like medical consultations in your professional career so why this session although it is widely performed clinical activity it is notable that there is inter-college inter-regional and international variation in teaching and learning medical consultation it is our considered view that every clinician should be given opportunities in learning this most important clinical activity that's our intention and that's one of the key intention behind this session so what is medical consultation let's get that interaction going on is there anybody apart from malika who wants to take a stab at these numbers do you want to fill in the numbers so medical consultation is a what kind of meeting is it so put your answers in the chat function i'll wait for them for a minute so is a what type of meeting in a psychologically what and what space in which clinician and patient work to establish a diagnosis and design the best management plan so ajay well done he says number four is together close well done but you got the meaning interactive okay go on keep coming krishna priya interactive weldon but what number is interactive is number four number one keep those answers coming confidential well done yes is a meeting in a psychologically confidential and i'm looking for one more word well done you are amazing keep keep those answers coming open excellent sound number two okay close so this is what i was looking for medical consultation is a professional meeting yes formal professional meeting walden shawba in a psychologically safe and confidential space in which clinician and patient work collaboratively yes close together to establish a diagnosis and design a best management plan so for the purpose of this session i would politely request you to put aside all the challenges you are facing in indian health care system i am acutely aware that there are time constraints there are significant work pressures there is conflict between doctors and patients so let's put them aside for now let's look at medical consultation you will learn that by learning and enhancing your clinical competence you might be able to address some of them so for now that's my polite request so remember those keywords professional safe confidential and collaborative stages of medical consultation this is a busy slide however i would like to simplify it by using a movie making analogy iona um assume that you are a producer you you got the script ready or dr navid you got a script ready you want to make a romantic movie so what do you do you get started with your pre-production work which is you select your director who then selects and finalizes the cast schedule budget locations and the screenplay so the pre-production work gets ready when the pre-production work is ready the production work the making movie the shooting starts this is where the director make sure that movie is made within the budget and hopefully we want the movie to be done within the budget and within the schedule so that's the production work lot of work happens in the production work however pre-production work is equally important for the production work to happen in time after production work there is post production work like audio release teasers posters and introduced by the star cast although there is a lot of focus on the production work all stages are important for the success of moving similarly there are three stages to medical consultation pre-consultation where the work you do before the patient comes into the room you go through the medical notes you familiarize yourself with the chief complaints they're coming with or the test they had before in the last consultation so you you familiarize yourself you are getting ready to talk to the patient you switch off your phone if you carry leaves in your hospitals like in uk you put aside the bleep you get ready to be present that's the pre-consultation phase it takes between 30 seconds to a minute so it doesn't last long but very important then comes the consultation phase this is the meat of the consultation meat of the medical consultation where most of the action happens patients narrate their problem you examine you diagnose you design a management plan in addition to that you're listening to the patient you are putting your clinical communication skills into action you are establishing rapport and humane connections with the patient yes this is the key stage of the medical consultation because this is where you are forming the diagnosis and designing the management plan you're working with the patient this lasts from 8 to 15 minutes in india you have less time people say that they only have three to five minutes per patient we hear that it can be done effectively in whatever time you have more on that in subsequent sessions post consultation phase what happens in the post-consultation phase patient goes away he pays the bill he books the follow-up appointment he cashes in the prescription that you have given and he starts taking your medication in addition to that what are you going to do you may want to recover emotionally so emotional recovery is very important between patient to patient in addition to that clear documentation in the notes is also important so it happens after patient leaves the room so to summarize the three stages reconsultation consultation and post constitution all three stages are very important for conducting accurate effective and efficient medical consultations so they say people like clinicians in india may conduct up to four lack medical consultations in their professional practice twice the number when compared to western world this is a slide we create prepare this slide to highlight the numerous interconnected factors that are at play when you are consulting with patients there are patient factors clinician factors technological factors environmental factors there's so many factors we all bear these in mind when we are consulting with patients can you see how complex the clinical activity it is hence the need for structured training into it i request you to pay attention to the bottom line and think on it for a moment medical consultation equals two humans two experts patient is in as an expert in his problem you're an expert in medical knowledge two belief systems two egos two agendas so it's a partnership it's not i need to win attitudes let's work together in working out what's best for you okay these are two styles of medical consultation collaborative and authoritative they sit at both ends of the spectrum both have a role to play both are important the important question is how well we stay in the space between the com the two styles of consultation how well we adapt the consultation to the person in front of you to the context and to the problem so it's all about how we flexibly use these two styles of consultation there is lot of emphasis in medical training now for clinicians for students to be collaborative however in a multicultural society or a country like india there is a role for both styles of consultation i in my clinical practice and dr srikan and my colleagues we we use both elements from both of them if we know that smoking is really harming the patient we may put our authoritative cap on and might request the patient to really consider giving up smoking so it's how you adapt the style to the person in front of you is what is important okay now so so far we have covered what is medical consultation why is it important different styles of medical consultation now i want to play a game with you to help you understand the different elements of the medical consultation and what can we do to make sure that we perform effective medical consultation so yes so this is where it becomes more interactive uh you all can see the raised hand option on the right hand side of your panel uh please come up onto the stage is a very interactive game we all have played it in india it's uh i think it's bingo if i'm not mistaken if uh too similar it's very similar to bingo so raise your hand and come on stage turn on your audio video and let's make the session more interactive fantastic so people this is a tried and tested game we play it we've been playing this game in our medical schools for many years everybody loves it it really helps people to understand the different elements of the medical consultation this is designed for you so make the best use of the game by participating so this is the game it's called medical consultation game you can zoom in like you did before we're going to play it in two parts part one here are the instructions assume you are a patient for the next 10 minutes you are a patient you are unwell you are thinking of consulting a doctor so you are a patient you are unwell you are thinking of consulting a doctor of course we want a doctor to be knowledgeable and expert in technical skills yes in addition to that what are two or three elements that you want from the doctor in to whom you're thinking of consulting what are or not you can select one two or three because i'm mindful of the time depending on how many participate so i say between one to three elements for example number seven and eight are very important for me why because it makes me feel reassured and satisfied that's why when i'm consulting a doctor in addition to knowledge and technical expertise i want him to explore and address my concerns and to know me as a whole person to ask more questions to know me as a person as well as a patient so what are those two or three things that are important for you put your numbers in the chat or come on to the stage me and you can have a dialogue i would love that and explain why you chose those two elements that's instructions for part one you all can also play through the comments section so you all can put in the numbers as they said junior says three and eleven wonderful junior you can come on stage and um have a chat with me about why you chose those two numbers please or write in the comments dhara says number 11 why number 11 data you can come on the stage and talk to me talk to us or place your comments in the comment section why why also think of why why are you choosing that because it's very important for part two the more you interact now the part two becomes more relevant showba three [Music] if you can read out maybe the some of the comments that you might see if they have explained why so dr iona uh has said that one and uh she chose one and five since uh being the one to comply with the management uh so it's important to be as much involved in the decision making process as possible excellent hold on to that so please come on onto the stage we are friendly people you know come on let's have a chat um i can't bite you i'm so far away and this is virtual yeah y'all can make it more interactive by coming on stage it's okay if y'all don't turn on your video you just make do with the audio for tonight yes so i think doctors so i chose uh yeah in case y'all didn't hear the first time so i chose three and thirteen so three um as a clinician myself i have seen that um as as a doctor we think that whatever we are seeing the patient is going to understand because those are tests that is the management so patient is going to understand i have noticed like people will go out like patients will go out and then somebody related to them will come in and they'll be like um exactly so i have noticed that so i i feel like that is important to let the patient know that this is what we are doing and this is why we are doing it and how it will go because some patients go to the investigation place and they are like oh my god this is happening to me i don't want to do it in case you have to allow them to know that what is happening so you have to kind of ready them for what is working for them exactly so that is why the third and thirteen now doctor who allows me to tell my complaints this i have noticed so much that literally people like a doctor i think william oshler said it tushar shah sir had a lecture the other day and he mentioned this that the patient is telling you his story his complaints everything but an average doctor will interrupt them within eight seconds like you're not letting him complete you have to let them finish they are exactly telling you the diagnosis and what is happening to them yeah so those are two along with your two options which was seven and eight i think yes so i would choose those for me one that's what wonderful insights amazing family keep them coming we have somebody else on the stage hi doctor and you can he should explain the diagnosis to the patients he should know what has happened to him yes very very very important very important to not only explain the diagnosis but give instructions in such a way that patients find it very easy to implement the management plan okay so that reminds me of is somebody else vd please share your insights yeah and he should be all in the decision making also number five yes yeah exactly yes so involved like we said isn't it it's a collaborative effort so make sure that patient is is making an informed choice so making the decisions for him well done very beautiful see people keep sharing them you you you're wonderful we have somebody else yes that is uh dr vijay kumar uh you can you can share your insights what were your numbers that you picked yeah it's actually number three okay it's on demand number three yeah so doctor we explain diagnosis and treatment in simple language yes so the patients come to the doctor with the complaints and they expect the doctor to diagnose give a complete [Music] corrective diagnosis and treatment so when we get the complaints we should be in your position the doctor should be in a position to diagnosis like a spot diagnosis you should be in a proportion to diagnosis and you can complete conclusion and uh will have a treatment plan in the hand so that the confidence of the patient will increase more and more on the doctor number 11 doctor who clarifies those in a simple language so ultimately the patient after the diagnosis they may have doubts on the treatment part they may have doubts so the doctors must be in a position to clarify the patient's doubt yes as far as the diagnosis is concerned and the treatment plan is concerned so that this will develop the relationship between the patient and doctor and they'll more have more confidence in the doctor and this will avoid harassment and violence and doctors yes i think there is that potential in it i think sometimes they may not be able to express their doubt but they may be showing through their body language so we need to be able to read the body language and ask questions okay we have uh all the 11 points which you have mentioned are valid for a doctor saying one point i favor and other favors i don't it is like an injustice and i think one empathy part is missing doctor should be an empathetic like you know yeah apart from whatever you have said is all correct i cannot decide on one number two number every point holds when we are dealing with the patient let me rephrase let me rephrase my instruction so that other students are also clear number one focuses on empathy no every point is important however because i want to interact with as many people as i can i'm requesting you to pick the top two or three for you everything is important of course everything is important so that i want to understand and learn from all of you i will in that case i'll take up seven number because a doctor has to explain the patient in his language there are many patients who don't understand we use big big words big scientific words if it is made very simple yeah some people are not able to even speak good hindi or goody forget about english if it is explained to them in their language if the doctor knows their language or can be the doctor has to draw something show them something and explain in the very very simplest way so that makes two three extra points for the doctor plus patient gets confidence patient builds up you know more bonding with the doctor for going further treatment wonderful thank you very much you will summarize that beautifully hello so yeah go ahead for me they should be like uh we have you know we have all kinds of patients not everybody is educated so and so many people came from remote areas also so as a doctor if you're educated that doesn't mean that yeah we should you should use our medical language so it is very necessary for us that we make our patient understand what is happening with them it's their fundamental right to know what is going on with them and how does it affect their life so for me third third is very important a good doctor is the person who understands this patient and who makes his and operation understand very well so three for sure and five is like a doctor who involves in the decision making yes because uh in our country like india we have so many religious views also so uh if the patient is knowing about his disease what is happening with him then the next step comes on treatment so he should uh have that right to decide what treatment he is you know uh he's comfortable with his family is comfortable with sometimes there are money shows also so it is it should not be like i i have decided this treatment is good for you because this is good for my hospital everything yeah i should not compel the patient it should be his choice also it should be mutual so fame for me third and fifth you know is the are the curriculum why you kept on raising your hand amazing amazing points beautiful thank you thank you so much for two more minutes if there is any comments if not we'll move on hello yes somebody wants to have a work here hello dr b speaking hello go ahead we can hear you go ahead i am dr b speaking from kolkata hello namaskar first of all happy we are here the syrah is all over going in india fantastic so so in what i in my experience there are good points to read in theory but in clinical practice the opposite things we doctors do because we differ we never uh i i just talking on the opposite side of table what patients told me then then they'll interact then the discussion will be more practical than theoretical because these 15 points are because of 15 points we know everybody first point i am telling patients told questions sometimes told me said oxy doctor take 1 500 rupees consultation and give me 1.5 minutes number one number two uh number two before i i end my con i dial i end my symptom the prescription is completed yes number three sometimes we doctors believe that patient has no right to discuss with the doctor so as we we are we i believe that that the we doctors are always trying to save the patient but i start in a different angle because here the medical consultation is going on uh topic because i think we must also sometimes [Music] what the thing is in i think uh another side i want to highlight that i often uh in one of the i in india one of the presti one of the institution where maximum patients are moving on that is cmc fellow i am taking the name in the sense because from bengal that us bengal and i think there are some parts of india also move there but i think what i what i feel sometimes that we have so many hospitals we have so many technologies the what the great thing they are doing that moving the patient or moving to there or south but why i feel that after when the patient comes back and they talk that the point number uh one doctor also told that the point number one is very important that that they feel the patient they connect the patient mentally yes the thing is that sometimes attachment with the patient is also very important what the patients want to say before starting that's not very important uh so uh i think uh in uh in royal college uk the point is that their patient load may india that is we also have a doctors have the problem the number of patients are very high but still in corporate sector i think they have time to give the patient little bit time so to make the 15 point success okay wonderful wonderful i'm so jealous of you you're enjoying the sweets we don't have sweets here but but that leads on to the part two of the game beautifully people and finally finally one thing i want to add the degree of a doctor is the different and try to convince the patient and uh and make the patient a fan of a doctor is completely different it's an artist that's why i always believe that practice is an art and science i'm a big fan of you now so you have got that capacity and india that one of the legendaries have made by dr debbie shetty i all uh where because well i feel that he has proved that practice is an art and science exactly he's a great man so if you look at the the title of the game it's awareness awareness of what constitutes the medical consultation and understanding like we are doing beautifully i'm ever so grateful for you and for netflix for creating the platform and giving me the space appraise is understanding what they are then we need to act okay well done for choosing all the numbers this is part two of the game i wonder what skills do you need now the the purpose of the part two is now you are not the patient you are the doctor that patient is coming to see you the patient wants you to talk to them in a clear language show empathy explore your concerns so what skills i wonder as a doctor you need to have in it so that these values come into practice what skills what skills do you need to have for number number 11 to come into action for number seven to come into play please share your answers in the comments what skills what skills do you need to for number one to come into action for number seven to come into action so that we can make that time and space effective for the patient harish haresh jumani oh somebody says throw ego i've already thrown ego in the dust wind swaraj well done patience with patient wonderful so somebody raise their hands for raj uh yes i'll just get them explanation part uh doctor can explain in a very uh different manner if the language is not able to understand the patient suppose we have a south indian patient who don't speak hindi nor english drawing or can call a staff make them explain what is happening to them there and there not later on later on some other person can interpret in a very different way medical staff whatever we tell them they can explain it to them and whatever they are communicating our staff can tell us what they have understood and what they have not understood and in the end i feel every doctor should ask one question is there any question left to be answered or is there any doubt left in your mind regarding your disease or regarding your progress both decided together any question left unanswered i think this is another one point which many many doctors don't ask but this is very primarily practice in western countries in the end they do ask is there anything else you would like to know from us that's very important i feel yeah it shows that you're open and two points two skills which he highlighted is health literacy language matters number two capacity to learn to ask right questions open questions so somebody else iona was um has raised the hand she was interested in drayana you can come up on stage i accepted your request yeah hi i hope i'm audible you are iona yeah okay uh so i i want to book on number eight that if you know the patient is expecting the doctor to know uh that person as a whole uh we as clinicians should learn to equip ourselves to not separate the psychology and the physical complaints of a patient because right from diagnosis till management i believe that everything i mean our mind affects everything whether it be the compliance or the rate of recovery or the final outcome of the patient i mean i think unfortunately we have never been uh trained since the undergraduation times or to be able to actually uh look at certain problems or certain issues of the patient from a psychological perspective so unless and until we consider the patient as a whole person and stop separating the mind from the body uh i mean the progress will be hindered to a very large extent wonderful ayanna we welcome you into team rambo you found us we found you through netflix that's exactly what we teach be curious you this is it you will be transformed after this session um but this is an introduction thank you so much it's a privilege uh follow us on our instagram page there are lots and lots of tips that help you connect with the patient as a whole any other anybody else is interested in coming on sure thank you ayano stay thank you yeah sure currently there are no requests but there are a few comments so dr pranaly nag she said the clear head uh so that we can acknowledge patients worries can't do that when we uh when out when our head is filled with personal thought secondly being free from prejudice prejudice regarding the patient wonderful that is a good connection to our next slide exactly our point people we know all these elements are important however we are falling short on how can i put these elements into practice we heard you we've read a lot we are practicing it we've been teaching it malika will tell you we have put forward something called i will campaign for a better health care communication these are the five fundamental principles that we focus on those are like pranali just now mentioned intentional presence how can we be intentionally present in the moment listen to the other person without any interruption how can we welcome their their narration without interrupting them how can we resist our temptation to speak while they are talking how can we welcome patients irrespective of their gender race religion and literacy status introduction is very important introduced by stating your name role and purpose we we talk a lot about how important introduction is listen to understand rather than to reply asking more and more questions facilitating the dialogue facilitating the conversation to listen to understand not only the patient's problem like iona was mentioning just now understanding the emotion behind the the vote understanding meaning behind the word understanding the person who is not well so that we can design the best management plan for them last but not least we can't emphasize enough how important language is within this two language matters we focus a lot on health literacy how well we can speak how well we can adapt our language to the needs of the patient in front of us so we teach these five fundamental principles at greater depth in our interactive small group sessions we mainly do sessions in very small groups maximum of 40 for ambassadorship program which some of the students have been on we we limit those programs to 12 to 20 students because we want to have more interaction role play so that they are ready with the skills and these are the programs which this is another slide to emphasize i will campaign carefully chosen five fingers five principles intentional presence welcome introduction like listening to understand language matters these are some of the structured small group fun and interactive programs we offer you can join six weeks of ambassadorship program small group and where we cover all those topics listening intelligence listenability other word for language matters emotional competence how can we assess risk and communicate risk with the patient how can we reflect on our professional practice and get better each time how can we learn in small groups by giving each other constructive feedback so those are interactive sessions in total you will be spending 15 to 20 hours in learning those skills in addition to that dr srikant dr valluri dr khariyala dr vijay shree and other members of the team bring their expertise to the table in addition to the sessions on the program we also focus on human factors teamwork leadership listening thieves that's my favorite and resilience we all acknowledged how important resilience is and today we have talked about medical consultation briefly however we have two sessions completely dedicated to go much deeper into medical consultation through role plays and last but not least assertiveness in health care how can we listen to each other when working together so those are some of the programs which we offer we are hoping to work with metrics and bring those programs to you on this platform so watch out for further announcements thank you for listening and participating i enjoyed having a dialogue with you again let me summarize today today we have a brief discussion on medical consultation we have introduced the topic to you by playing an interactive game you've understood what are different elements of medical consultation and what skills are needed this is an introduction and we have highlighted the i will campaign which we have started to help people like you to enhance your clinical communication and can you go back to the slide once more so i encourage all of you to follow our instagram page at local academy uk on instagram it's a purely educational page where we post lots of uh educational tips on how to consult with patients how to listen and so forth that's our instagram handle and that's our website i would like to open the flow for any questions about the programs or if they want to help us understand how best we can design programs on netflix we can open the floor you all heard dr krishna the floor is open come up on stage and y'all can give him the feedback how you would like to take this session forward and uh uh ask him questions uh there are of uh i mean we have yes before people may be signing off before you do that me and dr srikant i'm sure netflix we would like to say heartfelt thank you for joining us at this late hour i know it's late in india amazing we enjoyed having a dialogue with you and we loved reading those comments as well brilliant thank you dr harish you can actually raise your hands again and i will accept your request so then if anybody else has any questions that they would like to ask the um please come on stage and uh dr jamal you can turn your odd audio on actually i joined little late i'm sorry but from what i learned i feel uh interaction of this type is good but with some practical examples nowadays when we have our academic sessions always we have some case-based studies you know simulations helps us a lot it helps exactly what we want to imply so through the case base it will help us a artificial case base not necessarily a genuine yes it will go a long way because seeing is believing photographic memory remains for long i believe you know what you see actually that remains for a longer period i according to me this is i one observation i would like to wonderful and that's precisely what we do in those programs we do it in very small groups so there's lots of role plays and interaction through simulated cases and we we design we design those sessions uh good evening sir and mom uh i'm a medical student and uh hello hello yes yes sir so i'm a medical student and last year in 2020 uh my mother had a disease like she had tuberculosis right so uh we went to the doctor and uh he had this private clinic and uh of course at that time i didn't know much about internal medicine and the management and the treatment that we have and everything relating to it so uh we were discussing in this thing and he was not so much uh into the complaints or anything like that he didn't even uh tell us about the diagnosis what is the actual diagnosis we came to know about it after i went to toro with the reports after two months so and whenever i asked about it what is the gangnam style why are you getting to see ct done what do you think it is so he was always got so irritated and uh he was like you know i am the doctor you don't need to ask it and i am getting a cp done so that i can get to the point i can understand what is the disease so i was asking what what do you think is what is your predictable diagnosis what do you think is if it is serious or not so this is a mom i think answer i think this should be medical student that we should consider that we need to tell the patient about his diagnosis and everything explain to him everything your spot on jasmine i hope your mom is well now i'm sorry that yeah yeah so she's she's there now and she has completely covered and with the proper diagnosis and keeping everything so i'm like let me put this doesn't when you qualify when you start practicing none of your patients will face what you faced because you know how it feels yeah yes sir yes so look out for announcements by dr navidita and their team join the more you join the more you can learn and how to create those atmospheres okay thank you sir thank you very much thank you i think that was done i just want to comment on that it was really unfortunate but i don't think so such things happens in mumbai at least everybody knows the diagnosis they are told we are looking for these are the differential diagnosis this is unfortunate happened to her but i think it is not very common it is very rare i think yes thank you okay hello again sir um sir uh this session has uh really been a very educative uh i think there are not many platforms which uh introduce or the uh both the students as well as clinicians to such information and skills but i would just like to add one thing uh you know every the demographic and the uh issues of every country and every and different regions of the world are very varied especially in our country in our country like ours the doctor patient ratio is very skewed so all the points that you mentioned in one of the slides those 15 points they are of course i mean they are the ideal ones for if a clinician were to be a perfect doctor however uh when the patient load is uh so high as in our nation and when time restraints are so prevalent then i think we need to come up with uh certain innovative measures with which we can cater to uh the requirements of different uh geopolitical regions so it would be really helpful if you could uh sort of come up with a session pertaining to that and not come up iona we already came up with we are teaching them so this is it okay please come and join us follow us on our instagram and look out for this this is introduction this is we coming to you saying that we are offering these sessions we've been doing this since 2015 and more so virtually since last year you'll see you know this is i'm not really said follow on instagram many times but come and check out you can learn yourself reach out to us on instagram i'll we'll take you through the interactive sessions which we do and i think we should thank netflix for finding us freaking uh close to you but they they're they're doing an amazing job absolutely amazing [Music] sir one more thing last dr germany sir you have not touched the main thing you know the finance part uh let's not go into it i've intentionally don't want to go into it um in let me hear from iris and then i'll say about financial part because right now when you say financial part about the courses you mean yeah courses plus how do we charge our patients something some people say the doctors are they absolutely let's please let's not yeah thank you so much to team netflix or keeping on sending the wonderful invitations i gain a lot of knowledge and i want to tell this to all the people who are listening there has been a lot of ushering of both practical and theoretical knowledge theoretical knowledge to keep us going amidst covet pandemic and in future so thanks for the wonderful sessions uh with your kind permission i would like to add a point uh you know to make a comprehensive clinical care as i have mentioned in the comments a doctor should have communication skills patients empathy understanding clear head i mean all that is definitely mandatory but what i feel is they should also focus a little bit on preventive medicine at the end of the treatment because it's not just about you know wrestling the complaints getting to a diagnosis getting the investigations putting a treatment for so on but afterwards also it's a follow-up follow-up rehabilitation and also i think the i think the preventive medicine makes the care comprehensive and foolproof and uh today only i was discussing about one of my very close person a very young person who is suffering from hodgkin's and is undergoing treatment in tata memorial in mumbai so i i mean they have it i was asking whether they have focused on so on after the radiation is over how to prevent the recurrence is there any chance of recurrence and what is the probability we can prevent i mean not for cancer for any disease i should there should be a focus on preventive medicine also this is just my small address it's not small it's very important addition and focusing on well-being is very important as they say iris we are having a dialogue what do they say in hindi you know we are at least having the dialogue when we continue to have this dialogue again and again on multiple platforms with multiple audience we all come together when we come together we can we can actually change the culture yeah yeah wonderful wonderful keep coming back yeah yeah i keep on coming back i get all the invites and and to be very honest the team is really very diligent i mean they don't forget to keep on sending reminders emails but even if i forget they don't let me forget that there is a class today i mean i really take it very seriously so hats off and congrats and keep it going god bless you take care i'm i'm so jealous of your comments iris uh you only thank netflix you didn't thank look like [Music] please come on stage hello can you hear me ma'am loud and clear yeah thank you so much it was a lovely lovely learning session with all the smiles first of all you know i was very i have seen very few speakers and the faculties who have really you know made an eye to eye connect and given a lovely smile to the participants because i myself am a national trainer on the clinical aspect of the doctors with the students and therefore i have mentioned the doctors diagnose well and reassure the patient to reach the relatives as well money is not important more than the curative part let's add palliative factor and then all is well hope all agree here and then no patient will dare to speak dr luther the problem is with us we are not confident i'm sorry to say that yes because i have been practicing for the past 36 years now and trying to build only one thing and that is the connect with the family as just the previous speaker man has said that there should be some preventive medicine this preventive medicine is nothing but a palliative touch to the patient and i think sir you will agree to it no it's and thank you we're not using either or we are using and we need everything yeah so nice so nice i'm glad you noticed much it's really it's really a thrill to attend this session really yeah it's a thrill we'll keep seeing you more okay what's the time it's uh 104 yeah okay so well done we did well with time yes we did and we are able to enjoy the session uh i don't see any questions here on last call to anybody who wants to come on stage and put in their views or have any questions any feedback for the session any thing you would like to hear on uh please feel free to come on stage and uh well i'll take the time to thank you sir it was an amazing session uh didn't feel like it was at nine o'clock at night and then we went all the way up to ten it was a very lively session and uh we have a lot of positive uh feedback that we've got through the comments i will make sure to send it to you and uh dr srikant as well uh we hope to have you back on our stage um yeah we might um we might buy some space if you do real estate we want to invest on netflix it's an amazing platform you're connecting well um let's keep it going i think today i repeat today is an introduction session to show you to highlight you who we are come forward and say say this is we we exist we've been teaching it we've got some expertise however we do need your help your support in making our concepts adaptable to indian culture hence our vision is although we want to make people globally competent we want to focus on how can we make them locally responsible yes we got some expertise into these complex concepts however we want to work with you with you in bringing the best so that we can all have happy lives including patients we are patients we want the same from doctors okay so amazing so wonderful audience i've enjoyed um interacting with you thank you again good night thank you so much very good night to everyone

BEING ATTENDED BY

Dr. Darius Justus & 818 others

SPEAKERS

dr. Krishna Naineni

Dr. Krishna Naineni

Director & Co-Founder of Glocal Academy | Member of International Listening Association (ILA) | Member of Royal College of General Practitioners since 2011 and a training faculty at The Brighton and S...

+ Details
dr. Srikanth Mada

Dr. Srikanth Mada

Director & Co-Founder of Glocal Academy | Clinical director for Medicine and Consultant Endocrinologist at County Durham and Darlington Foundation NHS Trust (CDDFT) | Trainee programme director for di...

+ Details
dr. Krishna Naineni

Dr. Krishna Naineni

Director & Co-Founder of Glocal Academy | Mem...

+ Details
dr. Srikanth Mada

Dr. Srikanth Mada

Director & Co-Founder of Glocal Academy | Cli...

+ Details

About Medflix

Medflix is a new platform by PlexusMD, India's most active and trusted doctor community. On Medflix, you can discover live surgeries, discussions, conferences and courses from some of the top doctors and institutions across the world. Join clubs in your areas of interest and access hundreds of amazing live discussions everyday.