00 : 00 / 05: 00 (Preview)

This live discussion has ended. Please login to continue watching the full Replay.

Diagnosis and Management of Hunters Syndrome

Jul 15, 12:30 PM

The mucopolysaccharidoses (MPSs) are inherited metabolic diseases brought on by genetic flaws that render one of the lysosomal hydrolases necessary for the breakdown of glycosaminoglycans absent or severely deficient (GAGs). Iduronate-2-sulfatase (I2S, EC 3.1.6.13), a protein that ordinarily separates a sulfate group from GAGs such heparan and dermatan sulfate, is absent in Hunter syndrome, which results in the disorder. A broad range of progressive, multisystemic clinical symptoms are experienced by patients with Hunter syndrome. There are severe and attenuated presentations, and the age at presentation, symptoms, and disease course all vary. Learn more about the diagnosis and management of Hunters syndrome by joining us live with some top academicians.

SPEAKERS

dr. Inusha Panigrahi

Dr. Inusha Panigrahi

Professor, Genetic-Metabolic Unit I Advanced Pediatric Center I PGIMER Chandigarh

+ Details
dr. Meenakshi Bhat

Dr. Meenakshi Bhat

Administrative Head & Consultant Critical Care Medicine I Mazumdar Shaw Multispeciality Hospital, Bangalore

+ Details
dr. Inusha Panigrahi

Dr. Inusha Panigrahi

Professor, Genetic-Metabolic Unit I Advanced ...

+ Details
dr. Meenakshi Bhat

Dr. Meenakshi Bhat

Administrative Head & Consultant Critical Car...

+ Details

About Medflix

Medflix is a new platform by PlexusMD, India's most active and trusted doctor community. On Medflix, you can discover live surgeries, discussions, conferences and courses from some of the top doctors and institutions across the world. Join clubs in your areas of interest and access hundreds of amazing live discussions everyday.