00 : 00 / 05: 00 (Preview)

This discussion has ended. Watch the recording on Medflix app,

Stock Market and Basics of Investing for Doctors

Oct 31 | 5:30 AM

Being a doctor does not make one an expert investor. Before you can make effective strategies to meet your financial requirements and goals, you must first identify them. Those wishing to start their own practise should begin investing as soon as possible in order to build up the necessary capital. Join us as CA Rachana Ranade simplifies the stock market and talks about the basics of investing for doctors.

[Music] so very good morning everyone i am dr naveda and on behalf of team netflix i welcome you all uh on this sunday session uh with ca rachana ranade though she doesn't need a lot of introduction um as she is india's leading and fastest growing finance youtuber i with more than 3 million subscribers on youtube and more than 400 000 followers on instagram comes as no surprise uh because if you have seen mam's videos she makes concepts so easy to understand for beginners um so that's that the number doesn't come as any surprise moving into time i will hand it over to you ma'am all yours thank you thank you wow uh i don't know if the default in your app has doctor written in front of everybody with a closed community oh my god that was so a big thank you to everyone for joining in uh in this sunday live stream to be honest uh you know i started my diwali vacation yesterday so when i got this invite as i had given clear instructions to my staff that i am not going to work when my holiday start i have been crazily working for last like three four months i can't remember my last sunday which wasn't off so i had told everyone that seven days are going to be mine no one is going to even ask me for any session but you know when this session came up i was told that it's going to be all doctors who are going to be uh as you know as an audience so till date i had never gotten this opportunity to speak to an audience which is full of doctors so uh till date i have uh everyone i mean everyone in the society uh feels really obliged uh to take the services of doctors you know you are you guys are the saviors for everyone uh corona in fact just you know pushed up that emotion amongst everyone so i thought that this will be i will be treating as an exception and i said yes and you know that's why we are here this sunday morning to start of the session i mean as a doctor said that generally i don't prefer having a ppt or something like that because you know then the thoughts don't flow in it's restricted to a specific presentation and i've been talking about this subject i've been personally investing in stock market since 2006 so there's so much to speak about and if i make a ppt it gets you know stuck up in that specific flow so i thought let me just let the session flow uh so as we start i would like to tell you uh one of the incidences that happened this this is almost like four years ago four five years ago i was giving a session in mumbai and uh i don't know there was one more auditorium right next to where i was speaking i was speaking and few almost i can remember almost 30 40 people with complete uh jammed emotions came outside that auditorium and everyone like zombies walking outside that auditorium something like that and i just thought let me have a word with few of them i i asked the session they said something related to investments is going on okay so i asked them uh their background you know secure actually everyone is would be comfortable with a little bit of hindi right uh should be uh uh but this is fan india so uh but um okay so uh when i asked them what is your background and know what sort of presentation was this it was a doctor's presentation okay so all the doctors in the auditorium and they were being given a session about investments okay it's not possible for us to go about this so i said why is it difficult they said they were using so much alien terms so then i tried to take down key what was the whole story the whole story was that they they were the portfolio management guys okay and they were giving the presentation okay i said obviously then if they want to earn their bread and butter they have to make it look very difficult and then only doctors will be convinced that we need them and we have to go to them and your clients right potential clients they have to make it as difficult as possible so then she said really you feel that it is easy or what i said i'll give you a simple analogy for that you guys are the brilliant of the lord right to start from 10th standard standard 10 all those who get good marks they'll go in science and may cb cream goes to medical okay like me those who can't crack it go to commercial okay and then so we are the ones who ideally have a lower iq as compared to doctors and if we can understand it come on doctors should be able to understand it this is the base analogy right then then she said uh how come how come you are convinced that it is easy so i just had a word with her we were having lunch and five minutes i was talking to her she said hi it's not difficult whatever examples you gave her completely that's the difference between a teacher and a portfolio manager right so my my whole thought process was to tell everyone and even is to tell everyone that finance is not difficult it's just made easy i mean it's just made difficult by everyone else just for you know to increase their importance okay but the whole logic behind me starting this youtube channel just to tell you quickly in like another 30 seconds is that yes same change my doctors say feedback it's very difficult i had i had given several corporate trainings be that person for marketing hr same feedback students same feedback so i thought that if a bridge is required from people who don't know about finances to the world of finance the bridge is missing no one is helping people to take everyone to the other side of the world which is not difficult which is very welcoming which gives amazing returns okay uh so that is the reason why i started my youtube channel and coming back to this session of doctors now uh doctors give all sorts of prescriptions right vitamin a deficiency vitamin b deficiency and i always give prescription only on one deficiency vitamin m deficiency and m is money correct some vitamin m is one one vitamin which i love the most and i'm sure everyone loves the most okay that's why we work right if all doctors were asked that uh do one operation free of course they would surely do it maybe once a month they would do it but if they were told that everyone every single day each and every operation you want to do free of cost no opd no charges at all i'm sure no one would be doing that right because everyone finally works for money it's an essential thing that we needed and that's why i call it that essential vitamin which everyone needs is vitamin money okay now everyone knows how to earn whoever his audience here they know how to earn yeah the problem is that they don't know how to save it or how to invest it okay so i believe that we indians are very good at saving so even if i put some base tax india as compared to china and usa which are compared to which are considered to be two big economies in the world our savings rate is much higher than usa and china as well okay so we are leading there now if i compare the investing thing if i talk about let us say dmat accounts if i talk about mutual fund investment it's surprising to know that we are almost at one tenth of what usa and china is so inherently we are good savers but unfortunately we are not good investors okay um a generation before us face this problem they never talked about stock market they never talked about mutual funds cryptocurrencies so why all of a sudden people are talking about all these new things new jargons and all that are my mother my father my grandfather mother no one ever bothered about learning about stock markets so the simple reason is that uh i remember my dad my mom used to tell me at that time fd rates were as high as like 14 15 wow okay so if you are able to get a 14 or 15 percent return on fd what is the need to invest in stock market or mutual need okay now let me just define that need thing okay now what qualifies is a good investment the best thing is that you should be able to beat inflation then it's a good investment okay now to simplify this inflation nothing but manga okay if inflation is growing at a five percent rate manga then your inflation then your investments need to give you returns more than inflation simple okay so just as an example if you are parking your entire money in saving account your saving account is going to yield you what four percent return okay so simple math if i put 100 rupees in a saving account after one year it will become 104 okay but if i were to buy this bottle today let us say and this bottle is at 100 rupees today and if i were to buy the same bottle after one year it would cost me 105 that is inflation okay now my money has grown to 104 but that bottle is not going to cost me 105. so i will not be able to buy that same thing after oner which i would have been able to buy today that is how inflation can kill your investment can kill your money so before inflation kills your money we have to kill inflation and how do we do that by investing wisely okay so a wise investment first feature is that it should give more returns than inflation now which could be these various avenues for that one avenue is empty okay but every everyone knows these dates five percent six percent okay six percent okay all doctors here i know uh base income levels of all doctors right i'm a chartered accountant i can guess that i know that you know basic tax labs majority of the doctors who are attending the session will be into the 30 tax lab okay if i'm talking about a 30 percent tax lab now let's understand the base math again six percent you are going to get on fds us may say be 30 percent gone in tax yeah so barely four percent okay so it's not your md returns are not able to beat inflation so now the big problem is that our traditional source of investment which used to be fd is now at a big question mark because it's not able to beat inflation and that is the whole reason why we need to understand something beyond fixed deposits now what could go beyond fixed deposits okay first thing first and foremost my first love stock markets okay but you know the moment it's about stock market i feel very excited every day morning uh you know how how did the world market perform uh how did u.s close what is the state in europe and everything because i love that and i i can find some time to check about what is happening every day day in and day out in the market okay but it's not your full-time profession okay you have to attend uh you have to attend patients you might have operation every day and in that you might not get that screen time of 9 15 to 3 30 every day to completely get glued to the screen and watch what is happening about the stock market right so that is the reason why i believe that many doctors will have a stock market like we don't have that much time that's the excuse that i received from many doctors two common excuses one i don't have time two i don't have knowledge okay knowledge okay for time i will tell you what is the important part there are two features again one you can become a trader in stock market and number two you can become an investor in stock market if you want to become a trader in stock market you have to be glued to the screen from 9 15 to 3 30 there is no choice okay because these are the guys who are going to do intraday trading intraday simple meaning you buy today you sell today okay so intraday you are buying and selling on the same day if you are doing that then you have to be glued to the screen so for doctors trading big cross okay is it only for doctors no i'll tell you in fact trading is a high tension game okay because many times it happens that you you in you put your money it goes down and down and down tension starts building up okay and that is the reason why there are many professions to whom trading is banned especially in futures and options okay many people don't know this so for example army people are not allowed to do futures and options trading in futures and options is banned for them you can imagine their their job requires 24 7 attention in fact they are fighting on the on the border and they can think are am i a position in future options that is not possible and undivided attention is expected from that promotion and i feel that same expectation comes from your profession that you know i can't even imagine that can be like a joke but in reality it can be like very terrible like a doctor is doing an operation and at the back of the mind that position something is going wrong with that stuff and something was different in the operation okay you know real life can it can you know even right so that is the reason why uh many many professions are not allowed to trade especially in the future as an option segment is that the only way to enter stock markets answer is no absolutely not the best way to enter into stock markets is becoming an investor rather than being a trader okay of investors do you need to be glued to the screen 915 to 330 not at all absolutely not required what you need to do is you have to know the basics you have to know the logic and just start your investment journey that's it nothing else okay now i'll tell you how to invest with logic okay simple i tell all the household ladies who are homemakers you don't understand about stock market fair enough no worries you go to a shopping mall to do your monthly groceries example you go to a dmart store okay dmart is a listed company okay so if you go to a demand store see how much how many vehicles are parked inside the parking see how many people are there inside the inside the store how many people are wanting to get those discounts and shop to the next level that is nothing but your sales that is nothing but the revenue we call it as a top line in finance terms okay top line sales if that is going to be high obviously it's going to have a positive impact on the stock market or on that stock specifically right so you can invest with logic you can invest number one number two if i talk about uh biscuits mari i can't i can't think of any household which has never tested a biscuit like mari everyone has okay all diet freaks will also recommend mari okay so that who makes that biscuit it's britannia that's a listed company okay number three example if i'm talking about bank doctors will say we want to keep our money safe we we keep a fixed deposit in hdfc bank okay you trust the bank if answer is yes why not invest in that bank why not why not purchase the shares of that why not buy shares of that bank it is a common sense right this is known as common sense investing one last example especially for doctors we re you you you recommend medicines right you know the names of that companies made simpler lead doctor ready or whatever is the case yeah you know how much sales can happen for this specific company you know that if if there is a a pandemic like corona quantity companies medicine substances other prescribed companies medicine if you know about that why not invest some money in that company itself right so that that they that's a base of common sense investing you need not understand uh you know financials in absolute depth you need not know all the ratios two things you can check minimum two things you have to check number one is how much is the sales that's the top line and number two how much is the bottom line that is profit you know we learn in third standard revenue profit correct finance so whenever a company declares the results in the news they flash that top line grows by this much and bottom line grows by this much it's nothing but sales have gone up by this much profits have gone up by this much simple okay now keep track of these companies that if the if they are giving good quarterly results then why not stay invested in these companies okay now what did i say good quarterly results let me quickly tell that to you now okay agreed that if you are an investor you need not be glued to the screen from 9 15 to 3 30 but does that mean invest and forget that was an old theory invest i've invested that money in that company and i've forgotten about that company that does not work in today's world okay those who are invested in yes bank and forgot about that now they have to forget about their money only because that stock crashed like anything okay if someone had invested in satyam invest and forget they have forgotten about that money same thing okay so i say that if you are busy agreed once in a quarter once in a quarter once in three months you can take out at least one or two hours should be more i mean that is okay okay so every quarter every listed company has to declare their financial results okay in simple words you can imagine a company after every quarter so june ending we we have a financial year from april to march okay so june end is first quarter september end is second quarter december end is third quarter and merchant is the fourth quarter so salman every company declares whether our profit is up or down whether our sales are up or down okay stable okay how much time will it take not more than one or two hours even if you are having 10 to 15 stocks in your portfolio okay are there any websites which which you know ease out your life absolutely yes so uh i'll tell you which website i use okay this is not a paid promotion of that website i'm just telling you what i use okay wonderful website known as screener dot in okay now this this krina dot in i met those promoters both are shattered accountants and that is why maybe that you know wavelength matched for me very easily the thought process matches very easily now what they have done very simple thing if i have 10 stocks in my portfolio i can add them in my watch list okay if i add them in my watch list anything which happens about that company they'll give a pop-up in your email so simple for us to track now okay i need not go on to 10 20 websites and see up simple go on to that website sign up okay sign up kb it's free nothing no no charges to be paid and add your stocks to the watch list anything happens to your company quarterly results are declared some new product is launched a pop-up will come to your email and if you keep a track of that works no no worries at all okay so i think if you if you keep all these base things in your mind then investing is not at all difficult please take out that from your mind that you have to be on screen so time car excuse me right you have two excuses in the beginning i've told two excuses one is time and one is knowledge okay so time is now gone once in a quarter is more than enough second is knowledge you don't have knowledge for that also i told you two things at least check the top line at least check the bottom line sales and profits anything else how we can get knowledge youtube free of cost okay someone is asking what was that website it is screener dot in s-c-r-e-e-n-e-r dot in okay screen dot n is a website you can surely check that out right second thing if you want knowledge knowledge so anyways it's free of cost also on my youtube channel rajna rana uh so you can just any concept you want to learn just type out that concept and spacebar and you will get it okay so that's that's that can be a very easy way to learn through youtube but there is one small problem on youtube i'll tell you there is so much to learn yeah people don't know how to start in a systematic way okay so for example on my website on on my channel itself i might have more than 500 videos so be a pastor videos may say so for that if you want to learn in a systematic way i also have a website which is ratchanaranade.com and on that what i've done is i have launched various courses so for example there is something like a basics of stock market course so for a person who doesn't know anything about what is nifty what is a sensex what is bsc what is nse okay what what is an intraday what is a delivery all these 60 plus concepts have packed into one course and that course have titled as basics of stock market and in fact that is targeted for an audience which has zero knowledge about finance now that course i have built on my own and how also i'll tell you i started investing in 2006 okay 2006 i started little bit started gaining confidence in 2007 i started getting that confidence that yes now i know how to invest and then happen 2008. for those who have been invested in stock markets they know what happened in 2008 it was a big crash in stock market it was a lehman brothers crisis and at that time stock market corrected by almost 40 percent crash 40 in less than a month okay that crash no one has seen those who have started investing after this corona wave no one has seen a forty percent crash two percent three percent market goes down my mailboxes market is going down now what all right that was nothing so that's how i started my investment journey so what i did what mistakes i did what things i did not know about stock market which i wish i i knew so all these things i've coined i've bundled into that course and i have you know drafted that course on basics of stock market so i believe that you know this diwali whenever you find time you should invest your time in watching these lectures and you know get equipped uh with this so i always say sip is very important in in investing sap i'm sure everyone knows systematic investment plan in mutual fund what i say is is start learning i is invest your time and p is prosper so if you do this unique sib then you will be able to you know prosper in your investing world so uh this diwali i request everyone to learn more and more mean fatima says tell something for students oh there are there are students in this session as well yes we have a few residents also and we have practicing consultants so i think that was one of the questions that came up is can students invest so they mean like uh absolutely absolutely so i'll tell you for students uh the biggest excuse is that we don't have enough money [Music] for that i'll tell you a very simple thing you can start investing in mutual funds with just 500 rupees and i guess all students now if they are i guess interns get some internships so i think 500 rupees per month is like every student has these days and professionals so you can put one or two zeros above i mean ahead of that whatever you want okay so you can start investing in mutual funds through an sib okay now mutual fund make aha is the big question right so those who don't know anything about the stock about stock market i just tell them simplest and easiest way is that you can invest through an index fund okay now i'll tell you what is an index fund index fund is like you are investing in top 50 companies of india top 50 mcconk simple can be like an hdfc bank uh icici bank sbi reliance industries asian paints all these big names which we already at least have heard about britannia okay all these big names so top 50 companies may our money keeps on investing okay we keep on investing our money so uh if i put all at one shot i have 10 lakh rupees assume and i want entire money at one shot can you do that yes that is allowed that is known as a lump sum investing but then you can imagine you invest 10 lakhs and then market starts to crash and then you'll be like stock market is a gamble that is your final conclusion okay don't do that a simple way to invest could be index fund as i mentioned and invest every single month now in fact there are apps through which you can invest on a weekly basis as well so my sips are a weekly sap every week i invest in market it's a most disciplined approach to investing right so index funds could be like for icsa potential or many more in fact i have i have a youtube video coming up on this same index fund thing this diwali only so you can watch that as well but i've listed three mutual funds index funds especially one of them is icc prudential uh so index fund make which fund manager it's just that if index performs nice your money grows if index doesn't perform nice gone okay but simple you are investing in top 50 companies now so chances of you losing out on money is very less absolutely very less question is for how long should you be investing if you're talking about stock markets i personally believe it should be at eight to ten years time frame okay it's a cycle it's a business cycle basically eight to ten years is a good enough business cycle and i and i bet that if you invest in this in fact i've proven this mathematically in my youtube video that you invest just five thousand rupees every month now this is for professionals okay 5 000. okay 5 000 every month in an sip index fund for 10 years at the end of 10 years you will be having 10 lakh rupees i'm repeating 5000 every month for 10 years at the end of 10 years you will be having 10 lakh rupees you will be like rajna is selling some scheme not at all not at all i can prove that mathematically if your money grows by just 14 to 15 percent this is the number that we commit 10 lakhs okay it's a normal compounding formula that we have learned again in what eighth grade or whatever fv is equal to pv into bracket one plus r raised to n same normal formula eight standard formula okay so with compounding your money can go up to 10 lakh rupees isn't that isn't that a decent enough amount why not and if you feel that 10 lakh is very less then in that 5 000 rupees you go ahead with a 50 000 kcp choice is yours more and more sap you make more and more money will be making at the end right now one more question can be where did i get that 14 or 15 percent how did i assume that figure right so for that what i did was last eight to ten years how much by how much has our stock market grown annually average annual growth in stock market for the last 10 years for the last 10 years it is 15 so i assume that even if it grows at the same rate nothing special the same rate we want still it will be 14 to 15 and with that 5000 invested every month should take you to 10 lakhs that's a power of compounding that's the magic of compounding right uh now if you ask me ideally should india perform better as compared to last 10 years so if i compare 2011 to 2020 versus 2021 to 2030 i feel that 2021 to 2030 ideally should be a magic run foreign magic right okay it is it is said right now okay all these are statistics global body buddhist research statistics static space it's not me i have not done any research okay but right now i'll tell you as for these statisticians india ranks sixth as a economy power okay amongst the top countries in the world global power agar apposed to india's and these researchers believe that india will be in top three by 2020. now if you were to go from top six to top three ideally something magical should happen yeah and for for that magic to happen something have to be positive positive we need a solid government that is a prime thing that we need okay sorry to government i'm not supporting either bjp or congress not i'm not going to politics right now important is solid solid means what majority want any government so if we have a single handed government i think that should suffice the purpose number two right now whatever the current government is doing i think one fantastic thing that they are doing is something known as pli okay if you don't know about pli it's a production linked incentive okay government is like so production linked incentive more and more you manufacture more and more incentives the government will give so okay that is something pattern may support 10 percent not like that more and more you perform more and more incentives you are going to get so i think that is a big boost for the corporate sector as a whole so that is why the numbers that we are seeing right now amazing numbers we are getting if you ask me about gst collections but now if you see the gst collections last three months back to back one trillion rupees we have crossed every month collection one trillion just for clarification one trillion is one lakh crore don't ask me how many zeros even i don't know okay so one lakh crore is equal to one trillion that is the collection of gst three months back to back so not bad right so we our economy is doing really nice right now uh government is doing its part okay negatives minor here and there we don't know what can happen corona third wave i don't know i guess many of the doctors also can't tell hundred percent no one can tell right so it's something of that sort if it happens or maybe tension between us and china happens which we don't know about right now then markets can tank but otherwise it has made 10 years journey we have a solid government we have a nice vision for the corporates numbers are coming in nicely and all in all the corporate sector whatever now i get the opportunity to speak with you know directly promoters of the companies they are also feeling very positive for next 10 years in fact many of them have described me that we can enter the big bull run in the next 10 years okay so if i know about it how can i enjoy that ride how can i be how can i be a part of that ride how can i do my money in the next 10 years so simple as i mentioned one simple thing can be investing in an index fund or possibility number two can be take out some time if you love stock markets if you start getting interest in stock market then there are chances that you can you can even beat that 14 to 15 percent and in get higher returns as well okay so for that exactly you need to take out that time invest in knowledge and as a as i was mentioning beginner level course at least everyone should do so three beginner level courses i would recommend every one one is basics of stock market which is on my website rachanaranade.com second one is basics of mutual funds everyone invests in mutual funds but if i ask them what type of mutual fund do you have is it a equity oriented mutual fund or a debt-oriented oriented mutual fund or a balanced fund full stop okay so what are mutual funds what are the types of mutual funds what is the taxation of mutual funds very important so all these things have i have taught in that basics of mutual funds course and third thing third course which i've done is personal financial management personal financial management is something which includes insurance angle investment opportunities other than stock market like something like a ppf a traditional source of investment but very important even i i put my money in ppf so small nuances of those kind of investments so these beginner level courses i think everyone irrespective of you are from which background they should know about all these things and i've kept these courses kind of short 15 hours one course so 15 hours is like not that bad so and you can learn for whatever one year or you have ample time in your hand so i think everyone should you know take out some time they say we google out that ingredient these days many many patients are also that much alert yeah doctors give a medicine at least we take that effort to check out what is it okay once otherwise we also have that basic inquisitiveness and i'm sure other side of the table you guys also surely have that inquisitor inquisitiveness what is stock market what is nifty how does it go up and down who moves the prices right all these things have to be learned and they can be learned in a systematic way surely you would recommend everyone uh any good i'm getting a lot of questions if yeah you can take them so just to wrap up as i mentioned these three courses are surely available on my website rachanaranade.com and if you have any doubt about these courses uh you can just drop an email is it okay if i give an email of my support team yes if they haven't queries uh you can just drop in an email at support at the rate ratchenaranay.com or if you want to have whatsapp query solving it you can also drop in a whatsapp on 9923060990 so just repeat the number 9923060990 you can just drop a whatsapp my team will help you out thank you thank you thank you that was yeah no wonder you have so many followers on youtube and instagram i mean so i'm sure a lot of people in the audience have is are not strangers to investing in stock market but the minute you open up any youtube video the first two three minutes sounds very interesting yeah very interesting concept but the minute they start with all the jargons that include of the stock market that's it at least for me personally that's it it goes beyond my head can't understand don't have time to understand read those minor details but yeah this was a very very simple explanation and um like with the logical investing and everything that really makes sense um before we take the questions uh thank you so much for coming on a sunday though you were on diwali leave we are really lucky that we could get you on and i guess right on time like start investing time into understanding the stock market and start investing i think diwali would be a good time to do that just have a look at all the questions in the comment section we have a lot of questions someone until till uh doctor comes online you can just uh answer one or two queries someone is asking me about lic policies what's your take uh so i feel insurance and investments should never be mixed there are two different things they have to be taken separately many people says my elisa gives best returns that sentence itself is wrong allies is not meant for giving you good returns lice is meant to insure you so take a term insurance which is very cheap and second invest your money in fbs or ppf or stock market or mutual fund whatever don't mix insurance and investment okay um yes dr shivan should go ahead with your question yes good morning ma'am good morning foreign [Music] [Music] foreign [Music] because i always say if you invest in futures and options without any knowledge you will have no future and you will be left with no options okay so actually say knowledge lena if you want to learn again there is a separate course on that as well on my website but don't do it without knowledge and i think being a doctor time is more crucial for you so avoid futures and options would be my suggestion but actually thank you thank you so much then we can go through the comments section and then someone was asking me about what about irctc uh irctc i know a lot of retail individual investors had invested and then a news came up that government is demanding 50 percent of the ticketing fees so many people felt that 50 percent entire is gone now company will not earn 50 it's not entire 50 only 50 percent of ticketing fees but just for your information this decision has been reversed so nothing change changes for irctc now but valuations can get a little bit impacted i have done a separate live stream one hour live stream just three days ago watch it you will understand everything about yesterday foreign then i think i'm the wrong person to answer the question because i i don't believe in intraday trading i just believe in i won't recommend first of all thank you thank you hello are you kidding me yeah yes go ahead um it was lecture i really liked the way you simplified everything so yeah yeah so let's say we now you said 5000 per month for 10 years so that means we're investing around 6 lakhs okay and you're saying that we can get 10 lakhs at the end of 10 years so it's about 4 lakhs profit so out of those 4 lakhs how much tax do we have to pay to the government this is my question so for that if it's an equity so there are again taxation rules are different for different types of funds okay you can say if it's an equity oriented fund your taxation will be either in the 10 slab or in the 15 slab either flat 10 or flat 15 percent equity oriented mutual functioning if it's a debt mutual fund then for that it goes as per your tax slur so if you are in the 30 tax lab man which is the best according to you which is the best account index funds if you don't if you don't want tension index funds are very good uh so uh in fact if you want to know more about index funds that's what i'm saying people know just want the name yeah that should not be the case index funds are important why because they invest in top 50 companies now you are not investing in a single stock top 50 companies you are investing go to a website like money control maybe there you can find a list of index funds okay and in that list of index funds you can also check which is the best performing index funds two things you have to check number one what is the expense ratio experience ratio has to be the lowest and tracking error also has to be the lowest again these can sound alien concepts if you don't know about this so that is the reason why i'm telling you it's okay just you're saying you're saying i'll remember it that's it so as i mentioned something something like an icsa prudential index one is the one which has lowest expense ratio and lowest tracking error amongst their peers okay so this will really know but but but this is more likely this this one will fall either under the 10 slab or in the 15 slab index one [Music] okay yeah thank you so much thank you dr um let's take a few questions uh so we have one question by um dr swati gaway she has asked should i sell on the same day if i get a profit or wait for increment i am not getting whether to invest whether investment in stocks and daily basis is beneficial or not i believe in entering the same day exiting uh on the same day that depends on who you are first you like we have a kyc whenever we go to a bank we have to fill up kyc form it's know your customer i believe first is know yourself who are you are you a trader or are you an investor if you are a trader then you do intraday trading buy today sell within one hour within one minute whatever is your choice but if you're an investor you should not be even thinking about selling on the same day i'll give you a simple example uh i had invested in a stock called dickson technologies in its ipos it was at that time it wasn't some 100 rupees it had one up to ten thousand plus last one or two years now it has plates play bonus and all that so you can imagine i am almost sitting on uh 300 or 400 times profit that you can't get in an intraday you can get only in investing if you're sitting patiently simple example can be a foreign buffet he's like the investment guru of the entire world for him 90 of his wealth was created after he turned 60. and he was investing since his teenage okay so you can imagine for such a long time he has invested and then he's reaping the benefits out of that but once as i mentioned we ideally are expecting a big bull run in the next 10 years have that much patience at least say something about uh so simple thing again uh based funda if you know about it invest in it if you don't know about it don't invest that's the first simple thing many people say rashna did you hear about that bitcoin which i went up and then when went down bitcoin did not happen that way it was a different cryptocurrency okay so many people don't even understand that there's a difference between bitcoin and cryptocurrency and bitcoin is just one of the cryptocurrencies many times if i ask people uh they'll they'll just ask me don't coin me coin do you know about the basics of that crypto or not if you are able to understand then you surely may invest in it but still i believe i'll tell you my thumb rule i i always believe and i've maintained that for my own portfolio not more than one percent of your total portfolio should go for cryptocurrencies why i'll tell you it is a fascinating world no doubt about that uh we get to hear about it read about it that in our one thousand percent above yeah five hundred percent in a matter of few days does have been agreed but anything which goes up has to come down so not more than one percent of your portfolio so that you can sleep sound no problem okay so that much only not much that's answered a lot of people's queries about crypto good morning ma'am i just recently completed your bc course i have just mentioned it nice and uh yeah a week before i have just started investing but when we look at like how i'm just able to look out like top line bottom line what is that what is pledging and i'm able to now get uh which stocks are good or not but when we come to make the basic thing to make a portfolio every other you even we say look i have a look at that blue chip companies all the stocks look uh lucrative so we're saying but when we look at the price if i'm investing like 10 000 per month or something would you recommend please from where should i start like if i'm going for tata stocks or something for example like if you start out okay i'll give you a simple example okay like i told you uh being doctors ideally you are more from a background wherein you are very closely working with pharma companies and you know which which pharma stocks can perform well or not that is possibility number one you can try that number one number two anything and everything that we are using day in and day out maybe you are not going out on shopping in bmart agreed but you are everyone in this uh e-hall right now is using a phone okay and uh right now if i'm talking about sim cards there are only two companies which are leading in which are the two companies one is jio one is bharatiya jio alone cannot suffice a population of 138 crores and jio is not listed on the stock exchange but the second company which is bhartiya till is serving a lot of population is listed on the stock exchange i know that their numbers are increasing why not why not think of investing in that struggle so this is common sense logic okay tata power do you really know how power sector works at least i till they have not understood how power sector works and what are the problems which that sector faces okay so if i understand that sector then surely go ahead then then the name also might not matter to such a large extent so common sense investing is what you can go ahead with something like a bharatiya tell something like a dmart if you know about uh assume you're a big fan of motors motor segment and you know about a lot of e vehicles and all that stuff think you can think about tata motors okay so depends on what you are interested in uh that that can decide uh which you know which to shortlist okay but easy to start with some trust for the blue chip absolutely absolutely [Music] okay thank you so much thank you we have dr animesh i'm gonna take you up or on stage please turn on your audio video when prompted [Music] um [Music] [Music] want to take a long position on some stock uh you should better be investing at 200 days moving average uh so is it possible that right now the market is quite bullish so good stocks are not getting uh at 200 days moving average so it's advisable or is it possible at 200 days moving average 200 days moving average is surely one of the correct criteria that you have mentioned but unfortunately that's not the only criteria right there can be many many more criterias there is something like an macd there is something like an rsi there is something like a bollinger band one of the criteria that you told is moving average that is also one criteria so uh if you want to invest using moving averages that is not wrong but then you'll have to keep on waiting 200 days moving average pay you all right otherwise if you seek a 200 days moving average then these can also be very strong indicators for an entry point all this is covered in uh technical analysis so just to simplify things both likely analysis with a stock market one is fundamental analysis one is technical analysis fundamental analysis of course a balance sheet p and l which stock to buy okay i'll repeat which stock to buy fundamental analysis but when to buy car so when to buy is given by technical analysis okay [Music] i have been reading about david's laboratory since eight days and uh i think the company is very good what's fundamentally it's a very good company no doubts on that i don't have the charts of dp's lab in front of me right now uh otherwise i would have told about the moving averages nice if you are if you are if you are having good conviction about that stock uh just one small request don't invest all at once i have that one fifth one fifth rule if you are going if you are planning to invest 50 000 in db's lab first invest only 10 000 then assume it corrects a little bit goes down a little bit put your next ten thousand or nitrogen put next ten thousand that's how you can average it out nicely so don't put all at once even if you have good conviction about that stock thank you uh i recently started investing uh so what do you think uh is sip better or one time lump sum always recycling always recycling no no second thoughts on that for me okay uh so that's the that's what uh one doubt i had so uh i've been uh investing in muscle funds right so i i've been taking icsa tata digital so i've like put money on different uh sectors so it's better to put it in sap rather than absolutely sip is always good why because you get to invest your money in different different time frames so even if the market is fluctuating you you ride the entire fluctuation so you're safe your averaging out becomes very nice [Music] thank you thank you hello hello yes um [Music] [Music] um foreign foreign foreign [Music] foreign in google i said whatever the companies maybe invest in normal indian rupees so that gives us a global exposure to our portfolio as well so my personal opinion is you can go ahead with mutual fund investing [Music] foreign how much percent of your income i think oh yeah how much percent of your income should you put into anything so there's there's a simple 50 30 20 rule for that so whatever income you get let's say 100 rupees 50 should go in expenses normal roti kapradama can internet basics necessities okay then 30 percent can go for luxuries so luxurious can go for expensive things also but 20 is the minimum amount of your total earning that must be invested without any excuse if what others do is incomes minus expenses is equal to saving third standard mathematics again so i just change the lhs rhs told us incomes minus savings should be your investment should be your expense so whatever income you get first save and balance you will spend so if you take that money aside automatically your investment target savings target will be met okay that's a q net someone is saying it's an mlm i guess i don't i don't keep knowledge of all these things okay so uh that gets answered there and thank you so much ma'am for coming in and making uh this whole confusion while our topic very simple and basically telling us where to start and how to go about it system systematically thank you so much for it and we hope you do come back uh doctors do need to understand the whole uh whole process so we look forward to having you on our session again uh thank you so much and happy sunday to you and all the users yeah thank you so much

BEING ATTENDED BY

Dr. Shilpa Pandya & 2049 others

SPEAKERS

dr. CA Rachana Ranade

CA Rachana Ranade

Chartered Accountant, with 10 plus years of experience in the field of auditing. India's leading & fastest growing Finance YouTuber with more than 3 million subscribers from all over the world.

+ Details
dr. CA Rachana Ranade

CA Rachana Ranade

Chartered Accountant, with 10 plus years of e...

+ Details

About Medflix

Medflix is a new platform by PlexusMD, India's most active and trusted doctor community. On Medflix, you can discover live surgeries, discussions, conferences and courses from some of the top doctors and institutions across the world. Join clubs in your areas of interest and access hundreds of amazing live discussions everyday.