00 : 00 / 05: 00 (Preview)

This discussion has ended. Watch the recording on Medflix app,

Top 5 Clinical Communication Principles & Practices

Dec 07 | 2:00 PM

To achieve patient-centered consultation, clinicians must be able to communicate effectively and compassionately with patients and relatives. Effective therapeutic communication skills are critical for establishing trusting relationships with patients. Join us in conversation with Dr. Krishna Naineni to learn about the top 5 clinical communication principles & approaches that can help you optimize your clinical communication and performance.

[Music] um good evening everyone i am dr naveed and on behalf of team netflix i welcome you all to today's session uh we have with us today dr krishna nanimi who is the director and co-founder of local academy he is also the member of international listening association and has been a member of the royal college of general practitioners since 2011 uh he's also training faculty at brighton and sussex medical college medical school all year thank you very much beautiful and crisp introduction good evening all once again good evening this is me today we're going to focus on the top five clinical communication principles and we're also going to share some of the strategies that we have found useful over the years in putting those principles into practice whereas i said that's me in addition to what she said i'm also a certified echo listening practitioner echo stands for effective communication for healthy organizations okay so these are the learning objectives for today the five clinical communication principles are we've grouped them into an acronym it's called i will i will is an acronym that stands for intention intentional presence welcome introduction listening to understand and language matters some of you on the call may have heard of those principles if you have please hang on because you might learn something different to what you have already learned with this on our previous sessions and the next learning objective is to discuss some of the practical strategies to give you some of the tips that you can implement straight away in your clinical practice all our sessions are interactive we want this session to be interactive as well for it to be interactive we need your help please participate thoroughly the more you participate the more you're going to get out of this session you can participate by answering the questions in the comments or raise your hand when invited you to to do a short role play with me on the screen it's going to be fun it's going to be fun and many activities are carefully designed to enjoy the process because i do understand how valuable your time is and i'm grateful for you for investing your time in attending this session team rambo that's what we call ourselves we we do believe in the magic of listening you will understand why towards the end of the session we've started this i will campaign with a mission to enhance healthcare communication we we've come with these principles top five principles based not only on our experience but also on the latest clinical communication research you might also agree with us for example if i were to say to you if when you observe your favorite role model when you observe your favorite clinician or surgeon in action you'll see that they're always present with the person in front of them they may have many responsibilities but in that moment they are there with the patient they are there with the family member and they also welcome people to share their narrative they do that they do that so smoothly and creatively they give them time and space to express their feelings their narrative and most of all they do introduce even though people know who they are they make an effort to introduce them why do they introduce even though when they are famous and when they are known i'll let you know why they do that later on when we come to the introduction aspect of the session and they they listen to understand they ask right questions they respond appropriately they don't just listen to reply they listen to understand what the patient is saying and of course you might know and you might be doing this already in your clinical practice that they all speak in a simple and clear language they go an extra mile to learn the local language because we do study medicine in um in english and we might go to a different place to study medicine but when we come back to practice in our hometown or in the settled settled town we do you do you are doing now and your role models they always make an effort to learn the local culture local language because that is very important for communication so that's the brief introduction let's take a deep dive into these five top five clinical communication principles number one it's intentional presence let's talk about intentional presence now as i said this is an interactive session so what follows is a series of images i want you to type in what you see type in what you see here we go people type what you see type what you see [Music] type what you see let's not be cruel let's give them 15 seconds for this one patients are complex okay read out the color of the ink the words below or written not the words themselves so type out the color of the ink the words below are written not the words themselves done 15 seconds okay wonderful amazing amazing responses okay let's give them 20 seconds type what you see type what you see let's give them 30 seconds again some people are complex some people do need more time oh family vacation very good go on what do you see chilling on the riverbank excellent that's a good conclusion people the village scene people spending time at the park evening party [Music] medieval period wonderful people near sea show keep them coming families and friends enjoying it [Music] outside excellent 30 seconds 30 seconds are up okay let's move on to next task [Music] now i'll show that picture again but i want you to observe the picture with these questions in mind can you find the monkey in the image how many parasols that's umbrellas can you see can you count how many types of boat are on the water i'm going to we're going to give them a minute for this one okay can you find the monkey how many parasols or how many types of boots or on the water here is the catch as you are doing this task i also want you to count how many days are left until your next birthday okay if your birthday is tomorrow your next task is how many days are left until may the 31st okay there you go so you you do as well as this task but i also want you to keep counting how many days are left until your next birthday okay so where is the monkey how many umbrellas how many types of boats oh i wonder how many days left until your next birthday [Music] oh irvin said 88 days oh uh y'all can also zoom in uh to find the boats uh the parasol umbrella or the monkey and look have you counted how many umbrellas there as well and so one minute is up uh i would like to invite at least couple of participants to come on the screen please to share their experience let's have a dialogue too i want you to understand what has this what is this about how can we take the learnings from this into clinical practice impressed like i have seen five umbrellas one monkey and six types of goats okay but what has that when i asked you to also count how many days they left for your next birthday what did that do to your attention like i got diverted a bit you got diverted a bit okay what did you do to bring back your attention i just ignored the second question you ignored the second question very good so you intentionally brought yourself back onto this main task yeah yes wonderful wonderful and what about the earlier task was it straightforward when i asked you to type in what you saw what you see yes that was straightforward that was straightforward isn't it although we didn't capture everything that the images are showing that was straightforward but with this when there was a second activity our mind got distracted because our attention is divided between the two tasks so shudhi what's your background what do you do uh i'm a doctor yeah you're taking a history from your from a patient what happens so your primary task like how many umbrellas is to take history what is the second task what can that be [Music] like time since when and yeah and like from how many days and is there any other thing associated with it yes other family members having the same thing yeah so your mind your mind tends to wander to other places yeah yes very good thank you shruti for being the first one to come on to the stage go ahead nimble yes regarding this picture uh when you asked the second question uh suddenly uh regarding like umbrellas and board and monkey was counting was little bit late but suddenly when it keeps my birthday it seems that these minor things which are very distant and far away i took uh this thing more important to count the days left for my next birthday so i immediately answered that question honestly yes but when you're taking history from patient how can that uh matter why does it matter if your mind wonders and get distracted no not at all but but sometimes for uh finding out that my new things we are you know we are we are we might miss something very real very obvious sometimes for finding very few little things so it is very subjective but sometimes we do so yeah we do sir but i think the point which we are trying to emphasize is unless we are conscious unless we are intentional unless we are mindful our mind can wander yes of course we can get distracted however with focus with practice we can pay attention on the primary task yes that's the point that's the point which we wanted to make i'm glad that people have uh appreciated that point uh for those who wants to know the answers there are eight umbrellas there are three types of boats sailing rowing and steamers and there is a monkey as somebody said by the woman on the right side of the painting well done well done [Music] the way i i think these are some of the strategies which we would like to put forward the way we maintain focus is there is a sound app that is free to download you can play it in the background it's a noise the sound of birds water and nature playing it's a pleasant sound where your mind can wander to but you won't get distracted my favorite one is pomodoro technique it's a free app it's called focus timer what i do in my clinical practice is i switch on that focus timer as you can see i made each time i use 45 minutes so when 45 minutes is up i get a five minute break in that five minutes i do a non clinical less important task so that i can regain my attention regain my energy regain my focus and process my emotions from last consultations so i do that three times three forty fives after that you have a 15 minute break where you can have a snack or a water or a drink you have to do that religiously because because you may be consulting 50th patient after two hours of your starting your practice but for that 50th patient those five minutes which you are giving you is so valuable they may they might have waited days if not hours for those five minutes so we need to be there for them with our full energy with all our senses so that we can we can appreciate what they are saying these techniques they do work and i encourage you to practice being intentionally present i met this girl at an international listening association conference in 2019 look at that she actually tattooed where your mind at on her arm on a forum i did ask her why did you have the tattoo on the outer aspect of your forum not on the inner side she said krishna i really struggled to stay in the moment to be mindful so i had to take a six months out of my university studies and really learn about how to be mindful and now i've got a tattoo so that it's people can appreciate the importance of it and people like you have come to me asking what's the meaning what's the story behind it so i've been sharing my journey with them ask yourself when you're consulting your patient once in a while where is my mind at where is my presence most needed here or elsewhere if it is elsewhere say to the patient that i'll be back in a moment but if you if you know that your mind should be here then the other task like birthday or up to how many days are there until may 31st are useless so shift your focus back into into the moment we can all do it i here i would like to use an analogy you know if you like cricket every ball matters every over matters you need to pay attention if you like tennis every serve matters every rally matters and every set matters if you are an artist every stroke matters we they pay at most attention to those details for us for clinicians we should also we should also realize that learn that every conversation matters every like shruti and nimrod said every minute detail matters they are trying to say something to us every consultation matters the moment we realize how important every conversation every consultation is we can refocus our attention into the present moment is there's a difference of one l are you mindful or mindful please realize the importance of it and couple more strategies for you in addition to study app and pomodoro technique i want you from today to practice being silent for two minutes practice being silent for two minutes three times a day for three weeks see what happens at the end of three weeks practice being silent and i do this quite a lot in my educational sessions i request participants to really introduce themselves by saying i see i hear i feel oh my assumption is so once you declare those statements you are automatically start to be in the moment when you feel like your mind is getting distracted refocus by saying okay what am i seeing what am i here feeling ask yourself these questions they help you stay in the moment they do help you that's called sensory awareness template that's about intentional presence i intentionally spent more time on that skill or principle because i can't emphasize you enough how important being intentionally present is so i request you to keep practicing being present there are so many strategies are there my favorite ones or focus timer study app sensory awareness template and learning to be silent in the moment okay now moving on to the welcome welcome is also very important welcome the meaning that we give for welcome is how can we welcome patients to share their narrative how can we welcome them by being with by showing that we care how can we be in the moment with them how can we welcome them to really share their sensitive concerns or hidden fears with us we're going to do a role play me and nivedita i want you to pay attention i'm going to do the role play twice i want you to pay attention to my behavior to my body language and to my tone and the way i say sentences and also so pay attention to my behavior my tone and my body language and the way i'm saying my sentences good evening evening oh have a seat thank you i've looked over your results yes i see that your cholesterol is very high ah yes the numbers have been high for a few years now i don't know if uh somebody has already spoken to you about but we should talk about it uh no i'm no one's spoken to me but uh yeah we should thank you okay good now let me let let us do the role play again good evening good evening have a seat thank you i've got your results and i did look over them yes i've noticed that your cholesterol actually has been high for some time yes they have been high for a few years now okay i really want to have a dialogue with you about those high cholesterols it's very important yes yes we sure okay thank you thank you oh thank you for the role play thank you what is it uh 26 26 seconds oh yeah 26 26 seconds now um i i want to spend couple of minutes to ask you what did you notice about my behavior and which doctor would you like to have as a role model which doctor are you and which doctor do you want to consult first or second uh the second one uh seemed to be more approachable um they had the same results obviously uh the second one seemed to be more in the moment for me uh the first one um probably because there was no eye contact so i it seemed like he was either in a hurry to do something else like meet the next patient or thinking about something else um so yes the second one would be uh the doctor i would want to be and uh be uh go to uh actually okay does anybody disagree with nivedita or do you all agree with her if you want to share your perspective could you come on stage for a minute and share your perspective we want it to be more interactive so i have seen about the first and second doctors so the first one is like he's in kind of a busy situation as if he is busy then the patient itself like he's not having a proper eye can tag and then he's reading actually he doesn't uh he's it's not like he understood something and he was saying something it's like he's just reading the report right it's like the patient himself may be feeling like the doctor is kind of busy so i should okay this is not the right time maybe like that so it's about the first doctor and the second doctor i think he is very uh good because uh yes he had a very warm welcome and uh like he he seems to be understanding the concept like there is cholesterol and he wants to explain it himself and also he cares about the patient so he himself wants to say about the those things like the life habits and those things yeah yeah so it was funny yeah it was quite good isn't it i think thank you oh beautiful beautiful summary thank you thank you the point which we want to put forward is people please i'm sure some of you may know this already and i appreciate if somebody is already practicing as a second doctor do not fall into the trap it's a polite request do not fall into the trap of time illusion sometimes subconsciously we project certain behaviors because we fall into the trap of illusion that there is there isn't enough time we have limited time i have to see this patient fast you could you can consult collaboratively in a humane way you can welcome the patient in the limited time as santosh isn't it santosh dr as sharath quite rightly said it's the perception that matters when when the patient when the person in front of you perceives that you are there with them they then feel comfortable to share their narrative with you if they perceive that you're not caring or you're not you're too busy or you are being rushed then they they lack that confidence they don't feel comfortable to share their narrative with you so every little thing matters so how you be in a consultation are you welcoming the patient are you is your body language projecting the welcome behavior is important so please pay attention to yourself to your tone to your behavior when connecting with when consulting with the patient so that's welcome so that's the role play which we have done and these are the strategies weight is my favorite strategy you can ask yourself why am i tempted weight stands for why am i tempted to interrupt the patient you can use walls ae iou ask questions encourage the patient to talk be invitational observe the patient's body language and use pauses in between don't rush to say your sentence before the patient has finished their narrative it's a ae iou framework i want a participant to do a role play with me i want to show you that it works uh nivedita has done your role playing who is there i want to i want you to actually turn on your audio and video anybody please hi i good evening sir good evening let you and me uh be very that time for two minutes not long sure okay let's have a let's have a chat ajay okay yes sure uh hi i'm i'm i'm dr krishna doctor may i know your name full name and where are you from my name is ajay kumar i am from gujarat ajay do you like magic aj yes i like magic okay you do like magic i wonder why can you explain why you like magic when i was like kid i was i used to watch that dynamo magician so on history tv18 so i'm quite interested in that oh dynamo is still going strong can you share one particular example what is your favorite magic trick especially when i talk about dynamo then it's uh walking on the thames river that was very wonderful for me okay so he was just walking like he was just walking on road and it was a river below him then it was very wonderful for me okay how old were you um i said when you were i think i was in seventh or eighth at that time so so it's it's you can still remember it yeah it's so fascinating so you actually believed believed that he was walking on the theme stream yes yeah yeah okay yeah have you been to london ever no i have never been london yeah thames river it's it's not as clean as it looks or tv yes so are you still interested in magic yes okay whom do you watch now is it still dynamo or somebody else yeah steel dynamo still dynamo what what fascinates you about magic still you're grown up i'm sure you are in your 20s yes i have grown up i am fascinating because i think that i am the student of science i know many things then also how he is going beyond my imagination and doing all these things okay so you know that that's not true but it still fascinates you is it right yes yes yes oh okay so how how how are you keeping up this curiosity for yourself because every time when i knew watch new episode there's something always something new in every episode so it's and when he came to india especially to ganga river and he did the magic tricks it was very wonderful okay excellent thank you very much for sharing those experiences how did it feel was it was it difficult to have a conversation no [Music] yeah did you feel like you were hurt like you did you feel like i've listened to you yes yes sure okay what did i do interested in my answers that's it you said it's so beautiful you you made my job so easy i took interest the the technique which i use people this is the strategy please listen to this very carefully it's a very famous improv technique it's called color and advance color is when when he said he likes magic he likes dynamo i've colored it i've asked him oh tell me more tell me more about dynamo okay how old were you what was the trick so i stayed i stayed with it so we actually took a uh journey to his seventh or eighth standard so so thames river once i've understood how important it was where did the interest came from then i advanced it by asking do you still believe in magic because you look grown up now so i've colored which means like oh okay krishnas wants to know more about and i recognized how important that was for him similarly people similarly it's very easy to have conversation with patients when you are present in the moment when they say something color it [Music] take interest in what they're saying for 30 seconds did it take long for me to find out what was the first trick yeah and then you can move the story forward then they feel like you are taking interest in their personal and professional lives then they share the real concern so practice it it's called color and advance yes you're going to do it yes yes okay now i want another volunteer to come up and try it out with me i'm going to participate with you you can ask me questions okay yes hello um so yes let's say quickly say your name i'll say yeah so i would like to know why did you choose medicine as a career oh why did i choose medicine oh no that's the easy answer do you know when you are born to indian parents you you're only given two choices do you want to be a doctor do you want to be an engineer so all those years ago that's exactly where the options given to me and somehow signs fascinated me more than maths so my father said there you go you're becoming a doctor okay so uh just that science fascinated you more than maths or yes any no science did fascinate me um and i i lived just opposite to a medical school and we used to use the medical school grounds to play cricket and football so i knew the life which medicals were having they were having wonderful life and so i thought why not why not they get to live on a beautiful campus what about like some people are fussy about uh like they'll have to deal with blood and tissue and all those things like uh that that didn't give you any hesitation like no you didn't give me hesitation um no i think somehow they didn't bother me okay and uh was it more that uh you you liked science or was it more that you didn't like maths uh i i liked both but uh i liked science more i suppose uh staying opposite to the medical school and getting in touch with playing with medical school team cricket and football actually made the decision easier okay yeah so so uh so according to your company affects our choices oh yes definitely company affects our choices definitely i still believe it oh wonderful was it difficult was it difficult no not at all okay did it work the color and advance i think you did you did do that well yeah okay have you appreciated the concept yeah okay wonderful thank you for everyone enjoying it yeah advances left and i would like to ask like do you make the right choice okay i think i'm breaking up although i think we are mindful of the time uh wonderful well well done i'm sure introduction at the earlier at the earlier uh this part of the session i've asked all of you to introduce say a line or two so you all used different strategies to introduce yourself some said i'm from so-and-so i'm from esi i'm third-year third first from gujarat so there was no standard structure so you all use different formats what if what if if we all use the same structure for introduction would it would it help i think it helps now i want all of you to prepare an introductory statement using this structure name role and your purpose for example i'm dr nanini i'm a medical educator and my intention for today's session is to help you gain deeper insights into clinical communication can you come up with an introductory statement using the those three elements please type it up let's let's form an introductory statement now what is your name what is your role and what is your purpose you can use it for your clinical practice you can use it anything or you can say now my name is krishna i'm a medical student my purpose for this attending for this session is to learn more about clinical communication something like that form a sentence using those three elements go go ahead put it in the comments go ahead nivelta what's the time uh it's 8 16. okay so we have 14 more minutes okay we have time so i'm going to give you a minute to write that introductory statement in the comments go ahead oh very good can you read out couples i can't uh uh we have um dr sushmita who said hi um sushmita i'm a doctor of pharmacy um what's your intention what's your purpose for attending this session so also include your purpose so when you go to take a history from patients i want you to say i'm krishna i'm a third year medical student i would like to have a conversation with you you know or i would like to talk to you about your family history so we need to make that intention clear for the other person purpose very clear to the other person then it it it becomes complete they will understand we have for dr smith she says i'm dr smitha a consultant attending this session to make my communication more engaging okay fantastic that's that's a complete introduction okay uh then we have dr ajay kumar uh he says um boy mbbs third year uh a student uh and my intention to attend the session is to learn the magic of communication oh yes so there you go there you go people you you're getting it now we need to include all the three elements well done keep keep it coming and write it down and use it all the time when you're taking history or when you're presenting in these sessions or when you're presenting your case in a conference introduction is very important very important and include all these three elements always every time okay and my next request for you is when you go home or now look at your name badge is it written in english or in the local language if it is written in english ask yourself whose purpose is that name badge survey you are or the patients if you think it's patience ask yourself how many people in india know to learn english how many people in your area know how to read english fluently can you revise your name badge to serve the purpose of the patient should you be writing your name in your local language underneath in english i think so should you be writing your degrees or your title in local language other than english i think so i'm sure you agree with me can you redesign a new badge saying namaskar your your photo or your name in both languages it's important things like that will show to the other person that this person cares is taken next to their fruit they can read yeah if you're done with the introductions we can move forward okay so now uh nivedida is going to play a video i want all of you to take a screenshot of these questions take a screenshot of these questions if you can please because i want you to watch the video with these questions in mind and before that a simple question what colors do you see okay go ahead and anyway though why don't you take a take a shot at it what colors do you see red and yellow fantastic keep coming people you might have guessed by now there is always a trick in these questions yeah okay when you are listening to the patient we are listening to the words we are listening to the emotion what else are what else are we listening to as well okay fantastic red yellow white black you know wonderful so we are listening to the body language we are listening to the emotion we are listening to the words we are listening to the context but we should also listen listen to the meaning hidden meaning i wonder what do you get when you mix red and yellow orange exactly people we should also be seeing orange that's called understanding the meaning behind the words understanding meaning behind that body language patients are patients will not show it they want you to make connections between body language and the words and the tone that's the orange everybody can see red yellow black white everybody can see it but can you see the orange yeah okay did you get it no okay now play the video it's just there's all this pressure you know and sometimes it feels like it's right up on me and i can just feel it like literally feel it in my head and it's relentless and i don't know if it's gonna stop i mean that's the thing that scares me the most is that i don't know if it's ever gonna stop yeah well you do have a nail in your head is it just me or is it not about the nail are you sure because i mean i'll bet if we got that out of there stop trying to fix it no i'm not trying to fix it i'm just pointing out that maybe the nail is causing you always do this you always try to fix things when what i really need is for you to just listen see i don't think that is what you need i think what you need is to get the nails they are not even listening now okay fine i will listen fine it's just sometimes it's like there's this achy i don't know what it is and i'm not sleeping very well at all and all my sweaters are snagged i mean all of them yeah that sounds really hard it is thank you ow come on if you would just don't try to see things [Music] has it played well without interruptions yes okay can you play it again please sure sure it's just there's all this pressure you know and sometimes it feels like it's right up on me and i can just feel it like literally feel it in my head and it's relentless and i don't know if it's gonna stop i mean that's the thing that scares me the most is that i don't know if it's ever gonna stop yeah well you do have a nail in your head it is not about the nail are you sure because i mean i'll bet if we got that out of there stop trying to fix it no i'm not trying to fix it i'm just pointing out that maybe the nail is causing you always do this you always try to fix things when what i really need is for you to just listen see i don't think that is what you need i think what you need is to get the nails they are not even listening now okay fine i will listen fine it's just sometimes it's like there's this achy i don't know what it is and i'm not sleeping very well at all and all my sweaters are snagged i mean all of them yeah that sounds really hard it is thank you ow come on if you would just don't try to see things my way okay so did the husband give her 100 attention was he intentionally present maybe not yeah any comments people okay go ahead was he listening to understand or was he he made up his mind that it's the nail or the hell i don't want to bother what she wants to say and how many times do we all do that you know we might rush to give the advice we might jump when they only want us to really ask questions to learn more about what's behind the obvious you know was he tempted to prepare the response or was he there with the person was he there the first part of the video he wasn't but when she really questioned him she he actually said oh okay that must be awful or difficult you know i want all of you please have a look at what is your conditioned listening response now okay follow this checklist ask if buddy up ask your colleague to do the checklist for you when you're consulting with a patient ask him to go through this checklist for you and then look at how many things you are naturally doing and how many things you are struggling at then it gives you a baseline for you to work on in uk we always ask our medical students to carry the checklist when they go out into placement so that they can give feedback to each other they can support each other they can assist each other and by doing so they can learn better they i think you can take your responsibility and implement these checklist into your clinical practice they're very easy okay we'll share this checklist with you any questions so far any questions i'm just having a look at it um most of the questions are the interactive uh okay find the last moving on what's the time so moving on to last uh principle language matters i've used all these to make this presentation listenable so that you are with me you're following me how many of you have recognized that i've used this throughout the conversation have you recognized me using analogy to make the point clear that every conversation matters every consultation matters i've used cricket techniques and art artwork analogy i summarized key points before we are moving forward into the next section i've used a story of that girl who tattooed very mind at i've announced important topics said okay now we're going to be able to cover introduction similarly when when you're consulting with patient you can use these things when you're giving information okay let me talk about your diagnosis first okay that's the diagnosis let me talk about the investigations so that's the diagnosis and investigation let me talk about the medication then follow up by categorizing into these sections you're helping patients to remember the the information which you give to them better because you're giving them in small parts okay you're in small chunks and come up with different analogies different stories to explain the things to people either in local language or in english if the patient can understand english okay because language matters in conversations they exist in in our words we exist in the way we frame sentences we exist the more you are speaking in a clear language that the person understands the more they feel that they care for you that you're caring i'm mindful of the time i want you to also give you another checklist that will help you to put these five principles into practice the first checklist ask every time where is your presence most needed ask that question have i included my name role and purpose in the introduction am i attending to the patient's narrative with an open mind he is my body language welcoming and attentive am i facilitating the conversation by encouraging the patient to share their narrative am i coloring enough before advancing or am only advancing the patient's narrative am i ready to listen you might be hungry you might need a toilet or you might or emotionally not ready for the next patient can i process is the atmosphere conducive for listening what is the pace of introduction interaction should i be slowing down i know what i want to say but i am saying it in a clear and simple language please follow this checklist every day as many conversations as you can help each other if you have a colleague that you can work with i guarantee you that you will create a magical experience for your patients we guarantee you they are very simple but very effective only if you can do them again and again and again this is a funny task i am doing it we spend a lot of time on whatsapp on social media this is your challenge check for typos in a week make sure that there won't be any typo i've did this exercise recently i'm doing it consciously before i press the send button i'm checking for typos did i achieve my aim of zero type post no is it challenge was it challenging yes did i enjoy the process definitely absolutely i'm continuing with the process because it helps me ground it it helps me check the message try it try it fantastic you can really learn to be present okay and if you want to learn more that's there are three free e-learning modules on that website it's called global academy uk dot thinkific.com enroll and learn more about these communication principles listening strategies and narrative listening that's the website they are free for now you can go and learn more they are interactive as well so um i have couple of minutes for you if anybody wants to say hello or share anything i'm here for two minutes before i need to go and pick up kids from school it was a great session amazing very interactive i couldn't stop the emojis kept flowing all continuously uh thank you so much for the session and uh if anybody wants to come up on stage we have uh two minutes uh sir needs to go pick up his kids so um hell can come up on stage use the raise hand option and the checklists that we have we'll make sure to also put it we did put it in the comment section here uh we'll also put it up on instagram if you don't mind sir and y'all can go and have a look at the checklist there as well this is an introductory session uh the more we are starting a club next year some paid courses some free courses will be back with you for more details watch out we want to have a club with limited participants and our instagram handle is local academy uk there are lots of tips and strategies there follow us we scared them all i think i think i think i think it's you knocked me okay anybody wants to come before we go come come on turn on your video and audio and yes i have accepted the request dr dewan she can come up on stage [Music] okay hi uh good evening from india good evening my name is divanshi dave and this is the first time that i've attended a netflix seminar it was really nice and informative and i'm really glad that you're doing this because um i have done my mbbs from philippines and we have had subjects uh where we were taught communication skills but then coming back to india i felt that i was working in a government college as a medical officer but there i don't know was it the amount of load of patients or was it just the trend that my colleagues and residents were not that acceptive um intentional so i don't know is it if you have a lot of patience how can you manage being intentional giving that amount of time and focus and still be able to do your job very good that's a great question if only i had more time to answer that i don't want to rush into that question however connect with me on instagram evanchee i would like you to signpost you to couple of things that we have published and people are using to do it okay it can be done it can be done but one thing that helps you to do it is believe that it can be done that's a starting point and we can put certain systems into place that it will happen okay okay thank you so much pleasure pleasure so follow us on instagram this is an introduction to give you a an idea that there is it's a subject by its own and it can be learned five principles people five principles i will all the best okay

BEING ATTENDED BY

Dr. Dr Venkatachalapathy Anur & 885 others

SPEAKERS

dr. Krishna Naineni

Dr. Krishna Naineni

Director & Co-Founder of Glocal Academy | Member of International Listening Association (ILA) | Member of Royal College of General Practitioners since 2011 and a training faculty at The Brighton and S...

+ Details
dr. Krishna Naineni

Dr. Krishna Naineni

Director & Co-Founder of Glocal Academy | Mem...

+ Details

About Medflix

Medflix is a new platform by PlexusMD, India's most active and trusted doctor community. On Medflix, you can discover live surgeries, discussions, conferences and courses from some of the top doctors and institutions across the world. Join clubs in your areas of interest and access hundreds of amazing live discussions everyday.